Just for Kids Law is a UK charity that works with and for children and young people to hold those with power to account and fight for wider reform by providing legal representation and advice, direct advocacy and support, and campaigning to ensure children and young people in the UK have their legal rights and entitlements respected and promoted, and their voices heard and valued.
They exist to work with and for children and young people to hold those with power to account and fight for wider reform. Just for Kids Law do this by providing legal representation and advice, direct advocacy and support, and through strategic litigation, campaigning and equipping others to work for children’s rights.
Work supported by Act for Change Fund
This grant funds a Youth Engagement Officer to bring together young people who have been excluded from school to organise and undertake social action that will campaign around the educational, emotional and psychological impact of school exclusion.
The Youth Engagement and Campaigns Organiser helps young people to engage with our policy and campaigning work internally and externally so that each young person on the project can understand and channel their experiences by being more vocal and visible about the issue of school exclusions.
As part of The School Exclusion Project, young people have:
- Featured in podcasts, reports, and national newspapers
- Written personal blogs
- Attended debates in parliament
- Created art pieces that are used in reports or to raise awareness
- Supported with outreach and awareness-raising
- Received community journalism training
- Created speeches or spoken word to share their story publicly
- Created video diaries for events and awareness-raising purposes